Makeup Tips To Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
Hey there, beauty mavens and makeup enthusiasts! We’ve got a little secret to share with you: with the right makeup tricks, you can make your eyes go from “ho-hum” to “wowza!” That’s right, we’re talking about making your peepers look bigger, brighter, and more captivating than ever before. Get ready to unleash your inner eye-dol and have some fun with makeup!
Now, let’s be real for a moment. We all have those days when our eyes feel a bit on the smaller side, making us yearn for that wide-eyed, doe-like look. But fear not, because we’ve got a handful of casual and fun makeup tips that will make your eyes the center of attention and have people saying, “Whoa, your eyes are stunning!”
So, grab your makeup brushes, play your favorite tunes, and let’s dive into the world of eye-enhancing magic. We’re about to unleash the power of shadows, liners, and mascaras to create optical illusions that would make even the most talented magicians jealous!
Makeup Tips To Make Your Eyes Look Bigger
How to do your makeup to make your eyes look larger:
Tip 1: Use light, shimmery eyeshadows in champagne, peach, or light pink shades on your eyelids to reflect light and create the illusion of bigger eyes.
- pply a thin layer of eyeshadow primer to your eyelids to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
- Choose light, shimmery eyeshadows in shades like champagne, peach, or light pink.
- Use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to apply the lightest shade all over your eyelids, starting from the inner corner and blending it out towards the outer corner.
- Focus the majority of the shimmer on the center of your eyelids to catch and reflect light, giving the illusion of bigger eyes.
- For added dimension, use a slightly darker shade in the crease of your eyelids and blend it well to create depth.
- To enhance the effect, apply a touch of the lightest shimmer shade to the inner corners of your eyes, near the tear ducts. This will add a brightening effect and make your eyes appear more open.
- Blend the eyeshadow colors seamlessly to avoid any harsh lines or edges.
- Finish off with a coat of mascara to define your lashes and complete the eye-opening look.
Remember, the key is to use light, shimmery shades that reflect light and draw attention to your eyes. Have fun experimenting with different shades and finding the ones that make your eyes sparkle!
Tip 2: Apply a slightly darker shade of eyeshadow, like a subtle brown or taupe, to the crease of your eyelids for added depth and dimension.
- After applying the light, shimmery eyeshadow on your eyelids, it’s time to create some depth and dimension by adding a slightly darker shade to the crease of your eyelids.
- Choose a subtle brown or taupe shade that is a few shades darker than the base color you applied on your lids.
- Use a smaller, tapered eyeshadow brush to precisely apply the darker shade to the crease area.
- Start by placing the darker eyeshadow on the outer corner of your crease, then blend it inward using windshield wiper motions or small circular motions.
- Build up the intensity gradually by adding more eyeshadow if desired, but make sure to blend it well to avoid any harsh lines.
- The darker shade in the crease adds depth and dimension to your eyes, making them appear more prominent and larger.
- If you have hooded eyes, focus the darker shade slightly above the natural crease to create the illusion of a higher crease and a more open look.
- Remember to blend the edges of the darker shade with a clean blending brush or a clean finger to achieve a seamless transition between the colors.
- Finish off by applying a little bit of the darker shade along the lower lash line, starting from the outer corner and smudging it softly towards the center. This helps to balance the look and adds extra definition to the eyes.
Tip 3: Choose a lengthening and volumizing mascara to give your lashes a lift and make them appear longer and fuller.
- To make your eyes look bigger, a key step is to choose a mascara that focuses on lengthening and volumizing your lashes.
- Look for mascaras that specifically mention “lengthening” and “volumizing” on the packaging.
- Opt for a mascara wand with bristles that are designed to separate and coat each lash evenly.
- Start by curling your lashes with an eyelash curler for an extra lift.
- When applying the mascara, start at the base of your lashes and wiggle the wand back and forth to ensure that each lash is coated from root to tip.
- Apply multiple coats of mascara, waiting a few seconds between each coat to avoid clumping.
- Focus on the outer lashes to create a winged effect, which can help to open up your eyes and create the illusion of bigger eyes.
- If you have smaller lower lashes, lightly sweep the mascara wand across them to add a touch of definition without overwhelming the lower lash line.
- If desired, you can also apply a coat of clear mascara or lash primer before the lengthening and volumizing mascara to provide an extra boost and enhance the overall effect.
- Remember to let the mascara dry completely before blinking or applying additional eye makeup to avoid smudging.
With the right mascara, your lashes will appear longer, fuller, and more dramatic, drawing attention to your eyes and making them appear bigger and more alluring. Don’t be afraid to play around with different mascaras and find the one that gives you the desired effect. Flutter those lashes and let your eyes take center stage!
Tip 4: Apply a nude or white eyeliner to your waterline to brighten up your eyes and make them appear larger and more awake.
- For an instant eye-opening effect, reach for a nude or white eyeliner to apply to your waterline.
- Choose an eyeliner pencil in a shade that closely matches your skin tone or opt for a white eyeliner for a more dramatic effect.
- Gently pull down your lower eyelid to expose the waterline.
- With a steady hand, apply the nude or white eyeliner directly to the waterline.
- The nude or white color will help brighten up your eyes, making them appear larger, more awake, and more vibrant.
- This trick creates the illusion of a larger white area in the eyes, giving the appearance of bigger, more open eyes.
- For an even more noticeable effect, you can extend the nude or white eyeliner slightly past the inner corners of your eyes, blending it softly for a seamless finish.
- If you prefer a subtler look, you can also apply the nude or white eyeliner only to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Finish off the look by curling your lashes and applying mascara to further enhance the eye-opening effect.
Tip 5: Pay attention to your eyebrows and ensure they are nicely shaped and defined. Fill in any sparse areas with a brow pencil or powder and brush them upward for a bold, feathered look.
- Your eyebrows play a crucial role in framing your eyes and can greatly impact the appearance of your overall eye size.
- Start by assessing your eyebrows and ensuring they are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If needed, consider getting your eyebrows professionally shaped or shaped according to your desired style.
- Use a brow pencil or powder that matches your natural brow color to fill in any sparse areas or create a more defined shape.
- Lightly outline the lower and upper edges of your eyebrows to create a clean, polished look.
- Fill in any gaps or sparse areas with short, feathery strokes to mimic the appearance of natural brow hairs.
- Avoid applying too much product at once, as it can look unnatural. Gradually build up the color and thickness as needed.
- Use a spoolie brush to blend the brow product and comb your brow hairs upward for a bold and feathered look.
- Brushing your eyebrows upward not only adds fullness and texture but also helps to create a lifted effect, making your eyes appear larger.
- If necessary, trim any excessively long brow hairs to maintain a neat and tidy appearance.
- Finish off by setting your eyebrows in place with a clear or tinted brow gel to ensure they stay put throughout the day.
Tip 6: Opt for a thin line of black eyeliner along your upper lash line to enhance the appearance of your lashes and make your eyes pop.
- To give your eyes an instant boost, reach for a black eyeliner to enhance the appearance of your lashes and make your eyes pop.
- Choose a black eyeliner pencil or liquid liner, depending on your preference and skill level.
- Start by gently pulling your eyelid taut to create a smooth canvas.
- With a steady hand, draw a thin line along your upper lash line, staying as close to the lashes as possible.
- The thin line of black eyeliner creates the illusion of fuller lashes, making your eyes appear more defined and captivating.
- Extend the line slightly beyond the outer corner of your eye to create a subtle winged effect, if desired.
- If you prefer a more natural look, you can smudge the line slightly with a smudging brush or cotton swab for a softer appearance.
- Remember to keep the line thin and precise, as a thick or heavy line may overwhelm the eyes and make them look smaller.
- Finish off by curling your lashes and applying mascara to further enhance the effect.
Tip 7: Highlight the inner corners of your eyes with a shimmery or light-colored eyeshadow to add brightness and make your eyes appear more open.
- To bring a bright and open look to your eyes, don’t forget to highlight the inner corners with a shimmery or light-colored eyeshadow.
- Choose an eyeshadow shade that is lighter than the rest of your eyeshadow or has a hint of shimmer to catch the light.
- Using a small, precision eyeshadow brush or your fingertip, apply the shimmery or light-colored eyeshadow to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Gently blend the eyeshadow into the inner corners, extending it slightly onto the inner part of your eyelids.
- The shimmer or light shade will attract light to the inner corners, creating an illusion of brightness and making your eyes appear more open and awake.
- This technique is especially effective if you have small or close-set eyes, as it helps to visually widen the space between the inner corners.
- Feel free to experiment with different shades, such as champagne, gold, or pearly white, to find the one that suits your skin tone and desired look.
- For an extra pop, you can also dab a small amount of the same eyeshadow shade onto the center of your eyelids.
- Remember to keep the application subtle and blend the edges well for a seamless transition.
Tip 8: Avoid heavy or dark eyeliners on your lower lash line, as they can make your eyes appear smaller. Instead, opt for a light, shimmery eyeshadow or a soft eyeliner in a neutral tone.
- When it comes to your lower lash line, it’s best to avoid heavy or dark eyeliners that can make your eyes appear smaller.
- Instead, opt for a lighter, shimmery eyeshadow or a soft eyeliner in a neutral tone to create a more open and bright-eyed look.
- Choose a light-colored eyeshadow that complements your eye color and skin tone, such as champagne, peach, or light brown.
- Using a small, angled brush or a smudging brush, apply the light, shimmery eyeshadow along your lower lash line.
- The light shade will help to brighten the area and create the illusion of larger eyes.
- Alternatively, you can use a soft eyeliner pencil in a neutral tone, such as brown or taupe, to lightly define the lower lash line.
- Apply the soft eyeliner with a light hand, keeping the line thin and subtle.
- Smudge the eyeliner slightly with a smudging brush or a cotton swab for a softer and more natural look.
- Avoid applying the eyeshadow or eyeliner too heavily or extending it too far toward the inner corners, as this can make your eyes look smaller.
- Remember to blend any harsh lines for a seamless and natural appearance.
Korra The Explorer
If you enjoyed this article on Makeup Tips To Make Your Eyes Look Bigger than you probably (hopefully!) will enjoy these articles as well: