Distracting yourself is sometimes the only way to calm your brain when you are overwhelmed with anxious feelings. Anxiety in some circumstances needs to just run it’s course while you you distract yourself. Which is where these 30 positive distractions for when you are anxious come into play.
Staying positive is helpful all the time, but it is especially necessary when you are feeling anxious and need some positive distractions to keep your mind in a more positive place!
Note: please seek professional help for anxiety and any other mental wellness struggles and concerns that you have! I am in no way a medical professional but rather someone who struggles with this and wants to share my personal experiences and the distractions that help me. But please seek professional medical assistance and only use these distractions if a medical professional recommends it!
Keep reading to start finding out about the positive distractions that can help you stay in a more positive mindset when you are anxious. And make sure to ask me in the comments if you have any questions or if you have more ideas to add to the positive distractions list!
*** This article may contain affiliate links that I receive a small commission off of. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I always appreciate any support to keep this site running! Thank you!***
39 Positive Distractions For When You Are Anxious:
- Bake one of your favorite sweet treats.
- Watch a funny movie- preferably one you have seen and know that you like.
- Write down a list of 10 things you are thankful for.
- Make a warm cup of tea or coffee (but watch the caffeine levels!).
- Call up a loved one you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Do a random act of kindness for someone else (here is 51 ideas).
- Take a nice stroll outside to get some fresh air.
- Spend some time on your favorite hobby.
- Take a bubble bath with some fun bath bombs.
- Do a DIY craft- check out Pinterest for inspiration.
- Listen to a fun, upbeat playlist.
- Read a book you have been wanting to read.
- Play with makeup, maybe try a fun creative look.
- Declutter your home- here’s a helpful decluttering guide.
- Try meditating- follow a free one on YouTube to try it out.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Start or add to your bullet journal.
- Look through old photos- ideally a photo album.
- Paint your nails a fun color!
- Play with a pet- if you don’t have one then try volunteering at an animal shelter.
- Write down a list of things you love about yourself.
- Re-arrange your furniture or decor. Bonus if you paint your walls!
- Do a little spa day with face masks and pedicures.
- Do a bunch of fun online quizzes.
- Go buy yourself some pretty flowers.
- Do yoga- watch some free routines on YouTube.
- Take a free online class in something you are interested in.
- Make a vision board or dream board.
- Go visit a library or bookstore and browse the books.
- Play an instrument or try learning a new one!
- Make a fun aesthetic Pinterest board.
- Do brain games like Sudoku or crossword puzzles.
- Have a one woman dance party!
- Unsubscribe from the annoying spam emails.
- Put some time into learning a new language- try getting an app to help with this!
- Play a board game by yourself or with a loved one.
- Take yourself on a date to get some great candles.
- Do a fun photo shoot- step up your Instagram game!
- Treat yourself to something you have been wanting for a while.
Make sure to add anything in the comments that others can also do to have positive distractions.
Korra The Explorer
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest to be the first to know about the newest posts:
Are we Instagram friends?